Thursday, December 9, 2010

RUM POPO (BELIZE EGG NOG)



Just in time for all of the holidays, Egg Nog or Rum Popo as it is called in Belize.  Made with Belize Rum, if you happen to be so lucky to have some on hand is the perfect holiday drink.  I found this recipe on Belizelive.net.  I had never had egg nog until last Christmas and I thought I would give it a try.  It was actually pretty good and I plan on making more this year.  CHEERS!


                       blog post image

Rum PoPo (Belize Egg Nog)

Instructions

  1. Soak cinnamon stick and raisins in rum for 2 days.
  2. Beat eggs well for about 15-20 minutes. (Removing beater and rinsing in clean water several times to remove strings (eye of egg).
  3. Add evaporated milk and beat again.
  4. Add condensed milk and check for sweetness.
  5. Add grated nutmeg and the rum. (Used for soaking the cinnamon and raisins). Please strain.
  6. Mix again and then store in clean, dry bottles.
  7. Store in refrigerator.
  8. Shake before serving.

Ingredients

  • 9 eggs
  • 1 pint strong rum or to taste
  • 4 nutmeg (grated)
  • 1 oz cinnamon stick
  • 5 tins large evaporated milk
  • 3 tin condensed milk (or to taste)
  • 1/4 lb raisins

4 comments:

  1. I agree Linda, One Barrel is the best rum, I wish I had some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mein d belizean egg nog is the best egg nog u can find in the world

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment "dear friend"