Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Belizean Coconut Bread


Belizean Coconut Bread

Oh my gosh, this bread was "delish".  I decided to try out a recipe I found for Belizean Coconut Bread last night.  I really thought I was not going to like it because I do not care for the taste of coconut.  But this bread was great, it had a wonderful taste and I could barely even taste the coconut.



The ingredients and of course the glass of wine was for the cook. 


Belizean Coconut Bread Recipe

1 Pound All Purpose Flour (4 cups)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Instant Yeast
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1/4 Cup White Sugar
3/4 Cup Dried Grated Coconut
1 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Egg Well Beaten

Directions

Combine all the ingredients and knead well.  Place the dough in a mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for one hour.  Knead bread with hands and shape bread.  Put dough on a greased baking tray and let bread rise until about double its size.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. 



The Coconut Milk-It did not look like milk to me. 



I dumped everything in my bread machine.



I let the bread machine do the kneading.



The bread machine did a great job.



Almost done.



It is ready to eat.

4 comments:

  1. I think I would get into lots of trouble with bread like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm I becoming jealous; I think I'll make me some this weekend. See, it wasn't so exotic after all!! Looks great...wish I had a slice with some butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, found the coconut milk at Walmart. It taste great. I had some with butter for breakfast and just has some with cheese on top...oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It gets me in trouble too...I eat way too much of it..but it is so good.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment "dear friend"