A trip to San Pedro, Belize is not complete without a visit to Fido's and having one of Raul's famous Micheladas. We had never had one before and fell in love with the drink. They were SOOOOO good.
- Mexican beer or Belikin beer -- 1 (12-ounce) bottle or can.
- Lime (preferably Key lime), cut into wedges -- 1
- Bottled hot pepper sauce -- 2 dashes
- Worcestershire sauce -- 1 dash
- Fresh ground black pepper -- pinch
- Season All Seasoning
- Fill a tall beer glass with ice cubes. Squeeze the lime wedges into the glass and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, season all and pepper.
- Pour in the beer, stir and serve.
- Micheladas are usually made with a light pilsner like Corona, but you can use a dark beer like Negra Modelo if you prefer.
- To Rim the Glasses: Mix 2 tablespoons of coarse or kosher salt and 1 tablespoon of chili powder. Wet the rims of the beer glasses with a wedge of lime and dip the rims into the chili salt.
- Tomatoey Michelada: Like a beery Bloody Mary. Add 1/2 cup Clamato or tomato juice to the above recipe.
- Other Possible Additions: A dash of soy sauce or Maggi® seasoning; a shot of tequila.
FIDO'S BEER PRAYER