Last December I did a blog post on Rum PoPo (Belize Egg Nog). Well it is time to break out the rum again, just in time for all of the holidays. Egg Nog or Rum PoPo as it is called in Belize is made with Belize Rum, if you happen to be so lucky to have some on hand, it is the perfect holiday drink. I found this recipe on http://belizelive.net/rum_popo.html. I had never had egg nog until a few years ago and I thought I would give it a try. It was actually very good and I plan on making more this year. CHEERS!
Rum PoPo (Belize Egg Nog)
1. Soak cinnamon stick and raisins in rum for 2 days.
2. Beat eggs well for about 15-20 minutes. (Removing beater and rinsing in clean water several time to
remove strings (eye of egg).
3. Add evaporated milk and beat again.
4. Add Condensed milk and check for sweetness.
5. Add grated nutmeg and the rum (used for soaking the cinnamon and raisins). Please strain.
6. Mix again and then store in clean, dry bottles.
8. Shake before serving.
- 9 eggs
- 1 pint strong rum (more if you like)
- 4 nutmeg grated
- 1 oz. cinnamon stick
- 5 tins large evaporated milk
- 3 tins condensed milk
- 1/4 lb. raisins